[gnutls-help] make check

Catonano catonano at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 19:28:15 CET 2019

Hello,

running make check, I get this

  CCLD     cipher-test
  CC       cipher-api-test.o
  CCLD     cipher-api-test
  CC       cipher_override-cipher-override.o
  CCLD     cipher-override
/usr/bin/ld: cipher_override-cipher-override.o: undefined reference to
symbol 'nettle_aes_encrypt@@NETTLE_6'
/home/catonano/opt/lib/libnettle.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing
from command line
Makefile:1756: recipe for target 'cipher-override' failed
make[3]: *** [cipher-override] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
'/home/catonano/projects/gnutls/gnutls/tests/slow'
Makefile:2173: recipe for target 'check-am' failed
make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/home/catonano/projects/gnutls/gnutls/tests/slow'
Makefile:7384: recipe for target 'check-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/catonano/projects/gnutls/gnutls/tests'
Makefile:1540: recipe for target 'check-recursive' failed
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

I think I'm going to install it anyway, in my $HOME/opt location

I'm going to use it as a dependency for some Guile based projects and the
Guile bindings are all I am interested in

I just wanted to let you know

Having the tests pass would be nice anyway

Thanks !