[gnutls-help] Compiling example programs

Marcel Wijnen mmfwwijnen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:11:04 CET 2013

Hi All,

Currently I'm looking at the different examples that are available on the
website.When I try to compile the example code several errors appear.

In 9.1.1 Simple client example with X.509 certificate support
(
https://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/html_node/Simple-client-example-with-X_002e509-certificate-support.html#Simple-client-example-with-X_002e509-certificate-support
 )

#include "example.h" causes the error : No such file or directory

In 9.1.3 Simple client example with anonymous authentication
(
https://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/html_node/Simple-client-example-with-anonymous-authentication.html#Simple-client-example-with-anonymous-authentication
 )

undefined reference to 'tcp_connect'
undefined reference to 'gnutls_handshake_set_timeout'
undefined reference to 'tcp_close'

I'm compiling with: *gcc <filename>.c -l gnutls*

I was wondering whether someone can point me in the right direction to move
forward.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best,
Marcel