RSA sign/verify and hash generation functions

Alessandro Vesely vesely at tana.it
Thu Dec 9 18:59:09 CET 2010

On 08/Dec/10 23:56, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> [...]

I'd be surprised if PKCS#1 v2.0 introduced incompatibilities with the
previous version.  At any rate, RFC 4871 says: "

3.3.1. The rsa-sha1 Signing Algorithm

   The rsa-sha1 Signing Algorithm computes a message hash as described
   in Section 3.7 below using SHA-1 [FIPS.180-2.2002] as the hash-alg.
   That hash is then signed by the signer using the RSA algorithm
   (defined in PKCS#1 version 1.5 [RFC3447]) as the crypt-alg and the
   signer's private key. [...]"