[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Draft: lib/priority: add a [includes] section and file-optional/file-required keys (!1849)

Read-only notification of GnuTLS library development activities gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Wed Jul 17 15:56:39 CEST 2024

adrien commented: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1849#note_2003634530

I've started implementing a different design, namely introducing a `system-priority-directory`/`GNUTLS_SYSTEM_PRIORITY_DIRECTORY` option. One of the main drawback is that a dozen files have to be modified and APIs added.

I'd like to reach an agreement on design. I propose that the file and directory contents are parsed as if they were a single file. Files in the directory are found using `scandir()` and sorted using `strverscmp()` (which is not locale-sensitive). Only files ending with `.conf` are selected (this avoids issues with stray or backup files). Does that sounds good?