[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | WIP: Add src/psk2.c using new src/options.c [skip ci] (!1012)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Thu May 30 09:09:17 CEST 2019

A concern I have is that we use many options used that such tools implement (e.g., flags-cant, disable/enable, argument types, aliases, multiargs(arrays), from checking certtool's and cli's def files). That's a significant amount of features to implement, and to test. Before autogen gnutls I was maintaining most of that stuff in the form of maintaining [gaa](http://gaa.sourceforge.net/); my impression from that was that it was too expensive in time to enhance and maintain such a framework, and it was the main reason for switching to `autogen`. Have you though about building on top of an existing parsing library? If there is one we can rely on, our contribution could be more manageable on the documentation parts. Of course that's based on my experience only. What do you think?

PS. ([autogen page](https://www.gnu.org/software/autogen/compare.html) has various alternatives listed, [argtable pops up](https://www.argtable.org/) as it looks like a copylib but haven't checked it more than that).