[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | ax_code_coverage.m4 is not license compatible and must not be used / ax_code_coverage.m4 conflicts with ISC license (#691)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Feb 4 09:45:01 CET 2019

What exactly does GnuTLS has to do with the ISC license ? As your links show, curl has a problem with the LGPL license - GnuTLS doesn't have that issue. Our `ax_code_coverage.m4` is serial 25 - even Debian's (unstable) version is the same. I currently don't see any reason to update to a (pretty untested) new version. Except you give us a very good reason. Reading the discussion at https://github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite/issues/1058 doesn't help very much. The Q is why did the m4 file work for you so long and suddenly it doesn't any more ? At least here we can't reproduce (which doesn't say much if you are at bleeding edge). We are back now from FOSDEM and live is going on...

Any yes, we are currently clueless. But your way of mixing things up and not explaining in detail isn't helpful at all.