[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | release automation (#702)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Apr 1 20:22:19 CEST 2019

We already generate the windows DLLs using gitlab's CI when a tag is set, so yes it is possible. What the release is giving you is an interface to list releases with list of changes. It looks like a plus but indeed we may not need it. What I see could be automated here is:
 1. release tarball is prepared
 2. release tarball is gpg signed
 3. release tarball and signature is uploaded somewhere
 4. web site is updated with new release (new manual + news entry)
 5. announcement via email
 6. announcement via twitter

2,3 and 5 seem difficult to me, with hardest being 2 as the builder will need to access the release gpg keys.