[gnutls-devel] moving to gitlab

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sun Mar 8 00:29:31 CET 2015

On Thu, 2015-03-05 at 22:35 +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> > I'm not promoting any proprietary tool.
> I think you are, by making a deliberate choice of ignoring possibilities
> that rely only on free software.

It's correct that I am deliberately ignoring some possibilities, but
these are the possibilities which require more work from me, for no
visible to me gain. We use free software to make free software, but I
don't agree with the position that every service we use should be
required to be fully based on free software.

> Besides, I’m disappointed there was no discussion before the decision
> was made (as was already the case when GnuTLS moved to Gitorious.)

The move to gitorious was a forced move since Stallman threatened that
gnu will continue develop gnutls. So I moved my fork out of savannah.
However, it's true that since Simon left there is very little discussion
about management issues. This is my mistake, and I'm open to
suggestions. But please don't give up on gnutls. If you don't want to
use their web interface to submit fixes, I think the simplest is to
obtain an account so that you'll only need to use git. Otherwise posting
them on the mailing list is just fine.