[gnutls-devel] moving to gitlab

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Thu Mar 5 22:35:26 CET 2015

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> skribis:

> On Thu, 2015-03-05 at 17:49 +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> skribis:

>> > Savannah is not an option. As long as Stallman claims that he owns
>> > gnutls and I should fork it, I'm not moving the project to
>> > GNU-controlled servers.
>>
>> GNU, the FSF, and Stallman are three different entities.
>
> That's hardly my experience, but I don't want to get into that
> discussion.

Fine, I just wanted to clear up the misunderstanding or FUD.

>> It would be sad to end up promoting a proprietary tool because of a
>> misunderstanding.
>
> I'm not promoting any proprietary tool.

I think you are, by making a deliberate choice of ignoring possibilities
that rely only on free software.

Besides, I’m disappointed there was no discussion before the decision
was made (as was already the case when GnuTLS moved to Gitorious.)

Ludo’.