[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS duplicate symbols

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Fri Feb 21 22:01:54 CET 2014

On 02/21/2014 07:01 PM, Dennis Philipps wrote:
> Hi Nikos,
>
> sorry for the late reply. I didn't have a chance to test the GIT version
> as up until now. But as I am now observing a SEGFAULT in the ASN1 parser
> during client handshake (communicating with a server that runs the same
> GnuTLS version and works fine with CURL, Chrome, etc....) I was
> considering to checkout the GIT version and to build GnuTLS to see if
> this fixes the broken situation.

I'd suggest to provide some traces of the crash with valgrind (or some
way for me to reproduce it).

> I observed
> rnd-common.c:174: error: redefinition of typedef 'get_entropy_func'

Thanks. I've committed a fix.

> rm -f en at boldquot.gmo && /opt/local/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics --verbose
> -o en at boldquot.gmo en at boldquot.po
> en at boldquot.po:47: 'msgid' and 'msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
> (last line is repeated 228 times for like every third or fourth line in
> that file) - ends with:
> /opt/local/bin/msgfmt: found 228 fatal errors

No idea what could be there. It may be some old gettext or anything.

> /bin/true
> no such file or directory (I am using OS X 10.7.5)... but I just placed
> a bash script "return 0" there with a chmod+x
> No rule to make target `srptool-args.h', needed by `all'.

You'll need to have autogen (and libopts) to build from git unfortunately.

> No luck :( If I was more versed with the autotools suite I would look
> into that aswell but I can't invest that much time into autotools atm ;)
> Well. So much for testing whether your previous bugfix worked. I hope
> this report helps you a bit.

Maybe the best would be to get the latest release and replace the files
you'd be interested at? (or apply the patches that you think they fix
the issue).