Problem with int types persists on nettle 2.4 and gnutls 3.0.19 on Solaris 9 Sparc

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue May 8 17:05:44 CEST 2012

On 05/08/2012 01:55 AM, Niels Möller wrote:
> I'm not sure how picky the compiler is about multiple but equivalent
> typedefs of the same name.

Such usage violates the C standard: even if one compiler
is not picky about it, your're likely to run into another that
does.  So a better solution is needed.

Earlier you asked for a special hook to have gnulib <stdint.h>
not define int_fast8_t etc.  I'd rather have an approach
where the code simply does "#include <stdint.h>" and assumes
that int_fast8_t works.  I don't understand the overall situation,
though, so I don't know what exactly to suggest.