Features removed from gnutlsxx

Jim Lloyd jlloyd at silvertailsystems.com
Tue Mar 27 20:01:44 CEST 2012

Nikos, can you provide a little more background information on these
changes? Which interfaces were deprecated? In what release(s) did the
deprecations happen? Was there any kind of document(s) produced at the time
that described the reason(s) for the deprecations and the recommended
approaches for updating applications that relied on the deprecated
interfaces?

I'm also curious about the differences between the recent versions of 2.x
versus 3.x. Normally interface changes would dictate that the major version
number be incremented. I assume that 3.x has even more interface changes
than the ones I am running into with 2.12. But I wonder if the additional
changes are minor enough that perhaps I would be better off making the jump
all the way to 3.x?

Thanks,
Jim Lloyd