Features removed from gnutlsxx

Jim Lloyd jlloyd at silvertailsystems.com
Tue Mar 27 02:11:35 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm in the process of upgrading an application previously used 2.8.5 to
2.12.x in order to take advantage of PKCS11 support added in gnutls 2.12.0.

I notice that sometime between 2.8.5 and 2.12.18 that several previously
implemented methods in gnutlsxx now throw unimplemented exceptions. For
example:

  void session::set_cipher_priority (const int *list)
  {
    RETWRAP (GNUTLS_E_UNIMPLEMENTED_FEATURE);
  }

which previously was implemented as:

void session::set_cipher_priority (const int *list)
{
    RETWRAP( gnutls_cipher_set_priority( s, list));
}

Is there any documentation for why support for these features were removed
from gnutlsxx? Or perhaps there is a way to enable them via a configuration
option?

Thanks,
Jim Lloyd