implicit declaration of function 'scm_c_issue_deprecation_warning'

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Sun Jan 8 16:38:16 CET 2012

Hello and happy new year!  :-)

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> skribis:

> Ludo, do you have any idea?  By the function name, it looks like this
> was somehow intended, but I'm not sure what the origin of the problem
> is.  Maybe the guile stuff still use the non-string based priority
> functions?

The intention is to emit a deprecation warning (using Guile’s mechanism)
when a non-string priority function is used.

>> priorities.i.c: In function 'scm_gnutls_set_session_cipher_priority_x':
>> priorities.i.c:11:3: warning: implicit declaration of function
>> scm_c_issue_deprecation_warning' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

In Guile 1.8 (IIRC), that function is not always declared in public
headers, although it’s actually available.  Which Guile version is it?
Is it compiled with --disable-deprecated?

Thanks,
Ludo’.