Incompatibilities between 3.0.8 and 3.0.18

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Mon Apr 23 08:48:37 CEST 2012

On 04/23/2012 12:42 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Hello,
>
> While upgrading libchop from GnuTLS 3.0.8 to 3.0.18, I noticed a few
> quirks.
>
> First, compat.h lacks:
>
>     typedef gnutls_openpgp_crt_fmt_t gnutls_openpgp_key_fmt_t
>       _GNUTLS_GCC_ATTR_DEPRECATED;

Hi Ludovic,
 I've removed several typedefs to types that didn't exist today, but
this looks like a side-effect. Do you need it be revived?

> Second, when using OpenPGP mutual authentication,
> ‘gnutls_certificate_get_peers’ (when called on the server side) now
> returns a raw certificate, whereas it previously returned a base64
> certificate.

I don't think that this changed in gnutls. What did change in
3.0.10 is:

** libgnutls: When GNUTLS_OPENPGP_FMT_BASE64 is specified
the stream is assumed to be base64 encoded (previously
the encoding was auto-detected). This avoids a decoding
issue in windows systems.

Is the auto-detection the reason that you thought that this buffer
is base64?

Thanks for reporting these.