Incompatibilities between 3.0.8 and 3.0.18

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Mon Apr 23 00:42:37 CEST 2012

Hello,

While upgrading libchop from GnuTLS 3.0.8 to 3.0.18, I noticed a few
quirks.

First, compat.h lacks:

    typedef gnutls_openpgp_crt_fmt_t gnutls_openpgp_key_fmt_t
      _GNUTLS_GCC_ATTR_DEPRECATED;

Second, when using OpenPGP mutual authentication,
‘gnutls_certificate_get_peers’ (when called on the server side) now
returns a raw certificate, whereas it previously returned a base64
certificate.

This is in agreement with the doc of that function (dated 2008), but
different from what 3.0.8 and earlier did.

I couldn’t find it in NEWS, nor did I find the commit that changes this,
so I thought it may be worth raising it here.

Thanks,
Ludo’.