bug in 3.0.18: gnutls-cli fails to transfer data to gnutls-serv --echo

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Apr 19 09:06:35 CEST 2012

On 04/18/2012 11:06 PM, Alexandre Bique wrote:

> I reported the bug first to archlinux, but I forward it here:
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29531
> I have a bug with GnuTLS-3.0.18, which is that my httpd server (custom
> implementation) fails to serve pages to chromium and firefox goes into
> an infinite loop. But in the other hand, wget (which is linked against
> openssl) succeed in getting files from my server.

Hello,
 why you think this is a gnutls error? There are other web servers like
libmicrohttpd, nxweb or apache's mod_gnutls that as far as I know they
have no such issues with firefox or chromium.

> There is an easy thing to do to reproduce the bug:
> - start a gnutls echo server: gnutls-serv --x509keyfile=key.pem
> --x509certfile=cert.pem -p 4242 --disable-client-cert --nodb --generate
> --echo

> - start a client, and copy a big file: cat /usr/include/*.h >test-file;

> gnutls-cli --insecure 0.0.0.0 -p 4242 <test-file
> Then it doesn't work :^)

What doesn't work? gnutls-serv is a test server and many things might
not work. However this seems unrelated to the above where you mention
incompatibility with chromium and firefox. Does gnutls-serv --http
work with the browsers you mention?