Documentation HTML troubles

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Nov 17 23:55:12 CET 2011

On 11/16/2011 08:05 PM, Rebel Neurofog wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Did you notice that you've got troubles with HTML documentation?
> It seems to be a problem of makeinfo to HTML generator.

Indeed. It seems that switching to texi2html produces a better output.
The next version might have its documentation updated as well.

> I've noticed several problems and I'm afraid there are more.
> That's probably due to version mismatch or invalid scheme
> or even wrong processing sequence (like re-escaping already escaped sequences).

> 1. http://www.gnu.org/s/gnutls/manual/html_node/Core-functions.html#gnutls_check_version
> it don't scroll you where it should but following would:
> http://www.gnu.org/s/gnutls/manual/html_node/Core-functions.html#gnutls_005fcheck_005fversion
> You may find this in HTML code:
> <a name="gnutls_005fcheck_005fversion"></a>
> 2. On the same page at very beginning find the text:
> "This function will return a string that describes the given alert
> number, or . See ."
> Again troubles with references.

This is the problem of supporting multiple formats :) It seems that the
texinfo and manpages formats had issues that didn't exist in latex
output that I was checking. I commited a fix for the generation.
Thanks for reporting it.