Bug in gnutls breaking Pidgin Jabber support

Tim Kosse tim.kosse at filezilla-project.org
Tue Jun 30 22:33:23 CEST 2009

Hi,

> By n < session->internals.record_send_buffer.length you mean that it can
> be any value less or zero?

on a closer look n can only be 0 if iptr == NULL. So strictly speaking n
< session->internals.record_send_buffer.length holds.

I need to revise my earlier observation, there is no buffer reordering,
0 bytes taken from the beginning are added to the end.
However sending nothing always succeeds and the remaining buffer is
simply discarded at the end of the function.

So actually your prepend function does nothing, no functional change.

BTW, I am currently also tracking down a related problem in the
handshake code that I can observe in 2.6.4 even. By artificially forcing
the push function to return EAGAIN most of the times I managed to
trigger this other. I'll send more information once I figure out what's
going wrong in that case.

Tim