missing file

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Tue Dec 1 14:48:20 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> wrote:
> Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> writes:
>
>> Simon Josefsson wrote:
>>> Nikos, did you forget to commit some file?
>>>
>>> cryptodev.c:29:30: error: crypto/cryptodev.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> It was including this file unconditionally. Now it should be ok (only
>> included if --enable-cryptodev is specified). If you have a cpu with
>> crypto accelerator that is supported by linux (via and some amd geode
>> cpus have), and you use cryptodev you should get quite a difference. For
>> some reason I get big difference by using the kernel aes implementation.
>
> Any links to the cryptodev.h stuff?  Any pointers on how to enable it on
> Debian would be useful, I can't seem to find anything.

The cryptodev for linux module is at:
http://www.logix.cz/michal/devel/cryptodev/
(note that it may not install the crypto/cryptodev.h correctly, thus you might
need to copy it by yourself).

> I see you made changes to the public header files, several of those
> changes appears backwards incompatible -- that will break ABI
> compatibility, which isn't a good idea.  Are these changes necessary?
> If they are, and we really want to deprecate the old interfaces, we need
> compatibility functions defined somewhere, and prototypes for them in
> gnutls/compat.h.  Please also write a NEWS blurb for these API changes.

I will but I need more time to finish this. I might change more stuff.
ABI compatibility on the crypto.h is not really an issue- the new code
can know whether the old abi is used an return an error.

> Building fails for me right now:
> crq.c: In function 'rsadsa_crq_get_key_id':
> crq.c:2333: error: implicit declaration of function '_gnutls_hash' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
> crq.c:2333: error: nested extern declaration of '_gnutls_hash' [-Wnested-externs]

I will check it later, probably some header is missing.