missing file

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Tue Dec 1 13:47:45 CET 2009

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> writes:

> Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> Nikos, did you forget to commit some file?
>>
>> cryptodev.c:29:30: error: crypto/cryptodev.h: No such file or directory
>
> It was including this file unconditionally. Now it should be ok (only
> included if --enable-cryptodev is specified). If you have a cpu with
> crypto accelerator that is supported by linux (via and some amd geode
> cpus have), and you use cryptodev you should get quite a difference. For
> some reason I get big difference by using the kernel aes implementation.

Any links to the cryptodev.h stuff?  Any pointers on how to enable it on
Debian would be useful, I can't seem to find anything.

I see you made changes to the public header files, several of those
changes appears backwards incompatible -- that will break ABI
compatibility, which isn't a good idea.  Are these changes necessary?
If they are, and we really want to deprecate the old interfaces, we need
compatibility functions defined somewhere, and prototypes for them in
gnutls/compat.h.  Please also write a NEWS blurb for these API changes.

Building fails for me right now:

crq.c: In function 'rsadsa_crq_get_key_id':
crq.c:2333: error: implicit declaration of function '_gnutls_hash' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
crq.c:2333: error: nested extern declaration of '_gnutls_hash' [-Wnested-externs]