Using LGPLv3+ license for libgnutls?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Wed Sep 10 10:37:09 CEST 2008

I understand, although RMS asked if there were any _concrete_ reasons to
not go with LGPLv3+ now, as opposed to just preferences.  The only
concrete reason I've seen so far is a list of GPLv2 only projects.  If
you think GnuTLS should remain licensed under LGPLv2.1+, finding more
GPLv2-only projects that use GnuTLS is useful.  Reviewing these projects
and finding out how difficult it would be to make them GPLv2+ instead
would also provide more facts.

/Simon