Using LGPLv3+ license for libgnutls?

Alvaro Lopez Ortega alvaro at gnu.org
Wed Sep 10 10:10:37 CEST 2008

Hello Simon,

Relicensing GnuTLS under LGPLv3 could be a problem for some other Free
Software projects, actually. As you have pointed, it would not be legal
for GPLv2 software to link against a LGPLv3 library, and that would turn
to be a major problem for those projects and, at the end of the day, a
handicap for GnuTLS.

If I looked after GnuTLS' wellbeing, I'd personally stick with the
current license.  It is a perfectly fine Free Software license that
wouldn't decrease GnuTLS' potential target audience.

Besides, it would be definitely much more friendly with the Free
Software developers who either don't follow the GPLv3 way or they are
not ready yet to do so.

--
Greetings, alo
http://www.alobbs.com/