gnutls 2.3.11 testsuite failure on sparc (openpgpself)

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Mon Jun 2 22:00:58 CEST 2008

Andreas Metzler wrote:
> On 2008-06-01 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> wrote:
> [...]
>> the following program in this system: (I think the output shouldn't be
>> anything else than 8 but just to eliminate suspicions).
>
>> #include <stdio.h>
>
>> typedef unsigned char gnutls_openpgp_keyid_t[8];
>
>> gnutls_openpgp_keyid_t t;
>
>> int main()
>> {
>>   printf("size: %u\n", sizeof(t));
>> }
>
> Hello,
>
> size: 8

This is really strange error. Something that has been set using
gnutls_openpgp_crt_set_preferred_key_id() is returned differently when
gnutls_openpgp_crt_get_preferred_key_id() is used. Maybe the output of
valgrind might help when running openpgpself (in my system it prints
nothing suspicious).

As far as I understand this is a big endian machine but endianess
shouldn't affect the code that is involved. Do you have results of make
check in other big endian systems? If yes and they are successful could
it be a compiler issue?

If the above don't help I'd appreciate if it was possible to have access
in this system to try to debug it with gdb,