[gnutls-dev] GnuTLS 2.1.0

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu Sep 20 16:45:22 CEST 2007

I've branched off 'gnutls_2_0_x' and this release starts the 2.1.x
experimental branch.  The goals for the 2.1.x branch are tracked at:

http://trac.gnutls.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/milestone/gnutls-2.2

More ideas are most welcome, just create a new ticket.

News in this release:

* Version 2.1.0 (released 2007-09-20)

** Support for draft-rescorla-tls-opaque-prf-input-00.txt.
The support is disabled by default.  Since no value has been allocated
by the IANA for this extension yet, you will need to provide one
yourself by invoking './configure --enable-opaque-prf-input=42'.

** Example code: Fix compilation flaw under MinGW.

Note that the GnuTLS 2.1.x branch is NOT what you want for your stable
system.  It is intended for developers and experienced users.

Here are the compressed sources:
  ftp://ftp.gnutls.org/pub/gnutls/gnutls-2.1.0.tar.bz2
  http://josefsson.org/gnutls/releases/gnutls-2.1.0.tar.bz2

Here are GPG detached signatures signed using key 0xB565716F:
  ftp://ftp.gnutls.org/pub/gnutls/gnutls-2.1.0.tar.bz2.sig
  http://josefsson.org/gnutls/releases/gnutls-2.1.0.tar.bz2.sig

Improving GnuTLS is costly, but you can help!  We are looking for
organizations that find GnuTLS useful and wish to contribute back.
You can contribute by reporting bugs, improve the software, or donate
money or equipment.

Commercial support contracts for GnuTLS are available, and they help
finance continued maintenance.  Simon Josefsson Datakonsult, a
Stockholm based privately held company, is currently funding GnuTLS
maintenance.  We are always looking for interesting development
projects.  See http://josefsson.org/ for more details.