[gnutls-dev] Integrating Guile bindings?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu May 3 15:53:52 CEST 2007

ludovic.courtes at laas.fr (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Hi,
>
> Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:
>
>> Nobody seems to protest, so let's add the guile bindings.  Ludovic,
>> could you provide a patch?
>
> Alright, let's go.  I'll take care of that hopefully in the next few
> days or so.

Great!

>> Would getting CVS commit access help?  Then
>> you could install it yourself.  Are you familiar with GIT?  I have been
>> considering to switch to it for some time, as it makes it easier to
>> merge patches from various sources/branches, and generally feels
>> snappier.
>
> Actually, I've been using Arch for several years, but I've been
> pondering the idea of switching to GIT (or "Git", whatever) recently.
> So if you're willing to switch, I'd be happy with that, probably happier
> than with CVS anyway.  ;-)
>
> Otherwise, if you don't want to switch right now, I can cope with CVS.

I'll see if I can set up a Git<->CVS gateway using repo.or.cz quickly,
and then we can use it as a test whether migrating to Git will work or
not.  What do you think?

Btw, what I particulary like with Git is that it duplicates the entire
repository locally, which makes 'git-diff' very quick.  That is
important when I will be working from my summer house over a GSM
dialup...