[gnutls-dev] Guile problems in 1.7.12

Ludovic Courtès ludo at chbouib.org
Mon Jun 11 22:44:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> It may not have been the immediate cause of making it work, but at least
> it seems to work now.  And using _LIBADD instead of _LDFLAGS appears to
> be more correct anyway.

Right, but it actually breaks the RPATH ordering here:

  $ objdump -p .libs/libguile-gnutls{,-extra}-v-0.so | grep PATH
    RPATH       /usr/local/lib:/home/ludo/src/gnutls/lib/.libs
    RPATH       /usr/local/lib:/home/ludo/src/gnutls/lib/.libs:/home/ludo/src/gnutls/libextra/.libs:/home/ludo/src/gnutls/guile/src/.libs

Does it behave similarly on your machine?

I don't think the relative order of `_LDFLAGS' and `_LIBADD' is
documented in Libtool, so I think we'd better avoid mixing them.  Using
only `_LDFLAGS' is valid and allows us to really get control over the
order of libraries on the linker's command-line and in RPATH.

Thanks,
Ludovic.