[gnutls-dev] I like git (was: Re: Starting Guile integration)

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri Jun 8 14:19:34 CEST 2007

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

>> I fixed this by tweaking `AM_CFLAGS' (see Git log for details, commit
>> befacfea1d24f2b6b43ecdf12a22f47b160f39b6).
>
> Let's see if I can manage to review patches before pulling them into the
> repository this time...

I'm so starting to like git.  I started by adding your repository as a
branch:

cg-branch-add guile http://www.laas.fr/~lcourtes/software/gnutls.git

Then I can update your stuff as easy as:

cg-fetch guile

I can review your changes by using:

git-log -p master..guile

If I want to try and build your stuff before pulling it in, I can do:

git-checkout guile

Then I can revert and pull your changes in with:

git-checkout master
git-merge guile

The logs are fully preserved.

I need to learn how to pull in only some of the patches from a
particular branch (I was a bit unsure about your CFLAGS/AM_CFLAGS
change), and I'm not yet sure how to do this.  It doesn't feel important
though.