[gnutls-dev] External signing API

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Sun Aug 12 11:36:54 CEST 2007

"Alon Bar-Lev" <alon.barlev at gmail.com> writes:

> On 8/11/07, Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> wrote:
>> "Alon Bar-Lev" <alon.barlev at gmail.com> writes:
>> Ah, makes sense.  Added.  I also added some new error codes, see patches
>> below.
>>
>> I've git-push'ed the changes, so tomorrow's daily snapshot should
>> contain this stuff (I can't trigger generation of a new daily snapshot
>> right now).
>
> Thanks!
> Working for me!

Great!

> Some questions:
> 1. Why don't you pass pointers to datum?
> 2. Why only the hash is const?

I've fixed this, please test tomorrow's snapshot.

> 3. What do you expect the cert_type to be used? Can't it queried out the cert?

No, the cert may be a PGP key, and this needs to be indicated somehow.
I haven't tested that PGP signing works through this interface yet, but
I think it makes sense to have cert_type there in case we support
external signing for PGP keys in the future.