[gnutls-dev] Integrating Guile bindings?

Ludovic Courtès ludovic.courtes at laas.fr
Wed Apr 25 15:14:33 CEST 2007

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> Oh, I thought guile-gnutls would be larger.  I actually built
> guile-gnutls now, and it seemed rather painless.  I had problems since
> you use the AM_PATH_LIBGNUTLS macro, but that is my fault since I
> haven't installed and documented a better alternative.

What's wrong with `AM_PATH_LIBGNUTLS'?

> I think we can wait a week or two to wait to see if there will be any
> reactions from others.  If there aren't any good reasons then, let's add
> it.  I suppose the manuals should be merged.

Not sure the manuals should be merged, especially since Guile bindings
are optional and part of the guile-gnutls manual is generated using
Guile.  It'd be at least simpler to keep them separated, with
cross-references between them.

When/if a decision is made to integrate it, I can provide the necessary
Autoconf/Automake snippets.  We may also want to make it "Copyright FSF"
and make the manual available under the GFDL with no invariant sections,
etc. (currently it's under a simple permissive copyleft licence, similar
to that of the GNU web pages).

Thanks,
Ludovic.