[gnutls-dev] Integrating Guile bindings?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Wed Apr 25 11:49:00 CEST 2007

ludovic.courtes at laas.fr (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

>> I'm somewhat concerned about the size of the GnuTLS distribution
>> archive, and would rather want to modularize things (i.e., remove the
>> libtasn1 + opencdk copies) than include even more stuff.  But I'm not
>> sure this is really a valid concern.  It is still small compared to
>> OpenOffice...
>
> FWIW, the GnuTLS 1.6.2 tar.gz is around 4200 KB and the Guile-GnuTLS
> tar.gz is less than 460 KB.

Oh, I thought guile-gnutls would be larger.  I actually built
guile-gnutls now, and it seemed rather painless.  I had problems since
you use the AM_PATH_LIBGNUTLS macro, but that is my fault since I
haven't installed and documented a better alternative.

I think we can wait a week or two to wait to see if there will be any
reactions from others.  If there aren't any good reasons then, let's add
it.  I suppose the manuals should be merged.

Thanks,
Simon