[gnutls-dev] autoconf version handling

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Sun Apr 22 12:37:58 CEST 2007

Simon Josefsson wrote:

> -#include <stddef.h> /* opencdk <= 0.5.13 uses size_t without this include */
> -#include <opencdk.h>], [cdk_check_version (OPENCDK_VERSION);])
> +#include <opencdk.h>], [cdk_armor_encode_buffer (NULL, 0, NULL, 0, NULL, 0);])
>    if test "$ac_cv_libopencdk" != yes; then
>     ac_enable_included_opencdk=yes
>     AC_MSG_WARN([[

Ah, thanks. I forgot to commit this myself. And because
cdk_armor_encode_buffer is not available in other versions,
this quick patch should work on all systems.

> We should update the included OpenCDK version in GnuTLS with 0.6.0
> too..

True.

>  And test how well older GnuTLS releases deals with OpenCDK 0.6.0.

Probably not very good due to some changed prototypes. But IMHO it
should be no problem that older releases use the so lib version 8 (or
better 9 for a more recent version) and the newest gnutls will use
version 10. Correct me if I'm wrong.

	Timo