[gnutls-dev] OpenPGP Keys

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Wed Apr 18 20:01:37 CEST 2007

Hi,

I forgot to mention that the opencdk interface for retrieving
the validity and the ownertrust of the the key is no longer
available. Now the question is how to handle the issue.

I've seen that at least cdk_trustdb_get_ownertrust() is used
in the signature verification code.

The problem is, that ownertrust is a value each openpgp application
associates to a key and I do not think it is a good idea to let the
gnutls server use the values of some user from existing gpg files.

Frankly, I'm not sure how to implement this. Maybe we should have our
own 'key trust' file which stores the ownertrust of the keys. But the
question is if these values are really used by the openpgp
authentication at all.

Any comments?

	Timo