[gnutls-dev] gnutls 1.1.15

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Sun Aug 15 00:55:23 CEST 2004

Hello.  I just release 1.1.15, the changes are:
- Certtool has simplistic --smime-to-p7 to translate RFC 2633 messages into
  PKCS #7 format.
- Ported to Mac OS X / Darwin.
- Ported to FreeBSD.

Internally, GnuTLS has started to use gnulib
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/>, currently only used by the
certtool --smime-to-p7 parameter.  Eventually other parts of the
package may use it too.  Let me know if this causes any problems.

As the 1.1.x branch will be known as 1.2.0 soon, I'd appreciate if
people would test building applications written for GnuTLS 1.0 using
this release.  In 1.1.x, all GnuTLS typedef's have been suffixed by
'_t', but there is supposed to be CPP #define's to translate from the
1.0 API to the 1.1 API.

I'm currently working on integrating NIST's X.509 path validation test
suite to test 'certtool --verify-chain', see
<http://csrc.nist.gov/pki/testing/x509paths.html>.  When this has been
at least partially been done, I'm ready for 1.2.0.  If someone knows
about other compilations of test vectors for X.509, PKCS #7, PKCS #12,
or other related standards, that could be used by GnuTLS, please let
me know.

Thanks,
Simon