gpgsm 2.4.4 cannot import my p12 certificate (but I could in earlier versions)

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Wed Jul 17 10:41:18 CEST 2024

Hi

I upgraded yesterday from Ubuntu 16 to 24 and have now gpgsm 2.4.4 installed.

I imported an official p12 certificate without any probblems into firefox and google chrome

However when I run

,----
| gpgsm --import Brauer.p12
`----

Type the password, I recive

gpgsm: parse_bag_data(data.outerseqs): lvl=10 (_tlv_parser_next): Success - General error
gpgsm: p12_parse(bag.data): @0053 lvl=10 _tlv_parser_next: Success - General error
gpgsm: error parsing or decrypting the PKCS#12 file
gpgsm: total number processed: 0

What can I do?

This is an important certificate for me.

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.