GPG error: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Siva Krishna Sayavarapu siva.sayavarapu at fedex.com
Mon Jul 1 15:53:03 CEST 2024

Hi Team,

We are using GPG version 2.2.20 and recently we have upgraded our linux server from RHEL7 to RHEL8.

After the migration, we are receiving below error while encrypting files. Can you please advise how can we solve this problem?

Standard Error:  gpg: signing failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
                                gpg: /var/fedex/fxnet/common/q1/86e/FTNCANADA.ZZ/86et00vvkl20.0: sign+encrypt failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Thanks & Regards,

Siva Krishna Sayavarapu | Sr. EDI Programmer Analyst | FedEx Logistics | mobile 901.482.6179