keys not available for signed messages in this maillist

Grant Olson kgo at grant-olson.net
Fri Apr 8 20:59:00 CEST 2011

On 4/8/11 2:50 PM, Bernhard Kleine wrote:

> I am quite sure that Grant Olson's key is on the keyserver, thus there
> is no matter of hiding it, as robert j.hansen suggested. however, i
> wonder why i can't retrieve it.
>
> gpg --search-keys A18A54D
> gpg: Suche nach "A18A54D" von hkp Server pool.sks-keyservers.net
> gpg: Schlüssel "A18A54D" am Schlüsselserver nicht gefunden
>
> i.d. search for A18A54D on hkp server ..
> key A18A54D not found at the keyserver.
>
> on the command line!
>
> on the interaction page of sks-keyservers.net the key cannot found
> either.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Bernhard

You missed the last digit of the key id:

A18A54D6

You also need start that with 0x so it knows it's a hexadecimal key id.
And you probably want to use my primary key.  but either:

gpg --search-keys 0xA18A54D6

or

gpg --search-keys 0xE3B5806F

Should work.

--
Grant

"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."