Query on Libgcrypt for ARM

Ramesh Chandra Vuppala urslovingramesh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 12:00:40 CET 2016

Hello,

We are trying to cross compile and generate static gcrypt library for arm
processor and cortex-r7 cpu using 'arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc' compiler option
and got library of size 4.5 MB

1. Is there any configure option or any other means to reduce the size of
the static library (libgcrypt.a) ?

We want library size in ~1 MB range.
Tried using -- disable-threads since we do not require multi-threading, but
it did not help.

2. We could see copying.lib in the gcrypt package as 26 KB. Is this the
final library? If yes, how can we generate for arm with same size?

3. We used below configuration option command. Could you please correct if
we are wrong?

> ./configure CC=arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc --target=arm-none-linux-gnueabi
--host=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi --enable-static=libgcrypt
--disable-threads --disable no exec stack

> ./config.status

> make

- Thanks,
Ramesh