[gnutls-help] Root certificates on a Mac

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Sat Feb 20 22:04:05 CET 2016

How can one configure gnutls to recognize the root certificates in the system keychain on OS X?

Meta-question: I would have expected to be able to find the answer to this question with a Google search or by reading the docs.  I cannot possibly be the first person to want to know the answer to this question.  And yet the answer does not seem to be out there.  The strings “root certificate” and “root ca” each occur exactly once in the documentation at http://gnutls.org/manual/gnutls.html, and neither of those is even remotely the answer to this question.  So it seems my basic model of the world is somehow badly broken.  What am I missing?  How is someone supposed to figure out how to configure the root certs for gnutls?

Thanks,
rg