[gnutls-help] Compiling gnutls 3.3 with Solaris Studio 12.2

Mat Troi mattroisang at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 03:30:55 CEST 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2014-10-23 at 15:08 -0700, Mat Troi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Adding the #if defined(__linux__) doesn't work.  Removing the line
> > works.  I tried switching to GNU compiler and got past that problem.
> > I cannot find equivalent syntax in Solaris Studio.
>
> would using .ifdef __linux__ and .endif instead work?

Doesn't work either.

> > This is a totally unrelated problem, I have a bunch of missing symbol
> > references, but from the configure, nettle was found
> > checking for NETTLE... yes
> > The error for undefined symbol is:
> > Undefined                       first referenced
> >  symbol                             in file
> > nettle_gcm_aes_decrypt              nettle/.libs/libcrypto.a(cipher.o)
> > nettle_rsa_pkcs1_sign_tr            nettle/.libs/libcrypto.a(pk.o)
> > nettle_ecc_scalar_set               nettle/.libs/libcrypto.a(pk.o)
> > nettle_ecc_scalar_get               nettle/.libs/libcrypto.a(pk.o)
> > nettle_sha512_digest                nettle/.libs/libcrypto.a(mac.o)
> > nettle_sha512_update                nettle/.libs/libcrypto.a(mac.o)
>
> If you are using nettle 2.7.1, these symbols should be there. Could it
> be that you have two different versions of nettle in your system that
> conflict?

Yes I have nettle 2.7.1, I changed my configure line to have -L and -l for
pointing to libnettle and hogweed and that helps.
 NETTLE_LIBS="-L/usr/local/lib -lnettle"
NETTLE_CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" HOGWEED_LIBS="-L/usr/local/lib
-lhogweed" HOGWEED_CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"

Now I am missing this symbol, do you know what library I need to include
for this?
  CC       gnutls_openssl.lo
  CC       openssl_compat.lo
  CCLD     libgnutls-openssl.la
version_to_entry                    .libs/gnutls_openssl.o

Thanks,
Matt