[gnutls-help] DTLS retransmission issue with gnutls-cli

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at polarssl.org
Wed Oct 1 14:03:09 CEST 2014

On 01/10/2014 13:30, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> Interesting. There is the dtls-stress tool to reproduce that scenario
> and I tried:
> ./dtls-stress -full -shello 01234 -sfinished 01 -cfinished 01234
> CCertificate CKeyExchange CCertificateVerify CChangeCipherSpec
> CFinished -d 6
> which filters the same packets as in your scenario, but everything goes well.

Weird. I'm not sure if that's relevant, but from what I understand, the proxy I
used does a bit more than that, eg when the server resends its ServerHello
flight, messages are reordered, and some of them are even "lost".

> The packets are filtered and retransmitted. Could you send me the full
> gnutls-cli log with -d 6 when the packets don't get send?

Sure, here it is (I hope attachments are ok for the list, otherwise I'll
resend). The client invocation was

	gnutls-cli -u --insecure -p 5556 127.0.0.1 -d 6 > cli-d6.log 2>&1

The testing plaftorm is GNU/Linux.

Regards,
Manuel.