[gnutls-help] pkcs12 format not understood by GNUTLS 3.1.18

Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] lavr at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Mon Jan 13 22:36:21 CET 2014

Nikos,

> Anton I cannot reproduce the failure you see. Could you
> provide the certificates and keys you use, or try to debug the
> failure case yourself?

Unfortunately, I cannot send you the cert / key(s) (as I do not have them either,
which also makes it impossible for me to do any debugging on my own, sorry),
but the developer asserts he has got an error (-60) at this very line of code
when he tried to load up a .pfx file that he created with the openssl command
shown in my previous post:

err = gnutls_certificate_set_x509_simple_pkcs12_file(cred, file, type, pass);

But thanks to dkg's patient help, we're not going to use a .pfx file with
anything more than a pair of cert / key from now on;  so we're all set.

Thanks again!

Anton Lavrentiev
Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI