Unexpected message, handshake failed

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Fri Feb 10 16:54:43 CET 2012

If you run gnutls-cli-debug on the server it shows that it is pretty broken.

Checking whether %COMPAT is required... yes
Checking for TLS 1.0 support... yes
Checking for TLS 1.1 support... no
Checking fallback from TLS 1.1 to... failed

It fails to understand non-minimal padded records and fails if it sees
TLS 1.1 or laters.

You might want to check:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/html_node/Interoperability.html

(this is for gnutls 2.12.0+ though, I don't know if this priority string
would work on 2.10.)