[Help-gnutls] set_openpgp_key error The request is invalid

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Sun Mar 22 22:08:56 CET 2009

On 03/22/2009 11:23 AM, Luca Bruno wrote:
> That's right. Stting the passphrase after that would lead to having that
> error. Will the passphrase be supported in next gnutls versions soon?

I'd love to see that supported, but i don't think that anyone has done
the work to handle passphrase-locked secret keys, or even mapped out
what the work would be.  I think we would all welcome patches, if you're
interested in working on it, as this would be a good feature to support.

If you do, you'll probably want to read up on the S2K (string-to-key)
section [0] and secret key packet formats [1] in the OpenPGP RFC.

	--dkg

[0] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4880#section-3.7
[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4880#section-5.5.3