[Help-gnutls] TLS message length differs

kristian.martens at freenet.de kristian.martens at freenet.de
Wed Feb 20 08:26:07 CET 2008

Yes, it seems to be related to he FINISHED message, which is the first encrypted message.

>From the debug trace I can see the following difference (245 bytes <> 277 bytes):

1. trace:

BUF[HSK]: Peeked 0 bytes of Data
BUF[HSK]: Emptied buffer
HSK[11c03f60]: FINISHED was send [16 bytes]
BUF[HSK]: Peeked 0 bytes of Data
BUF[HSK]: Emptied buffer
REC[11c03f60]: Sending Packet[0] Handshake(22) with length: 16
WRITE: Will write 245 bytes to 250844536.

2. trace:

BUF[HSK]: Peeked 0 bytes of Data
BUF[HSK]: Emptied buffer
HSK[11c03f60]: FINISHED was send [16 bytes]
BUF[HSK]: Peeked 0 bytes of Data
BUF[HSK]: Emptied buffer
REC[11c03f60]: Sending Packet[0] Handshake(22) with length: 16
WRITE: Will write 277 bytes to 250844536.

Regards,
Kris