[Help-gnutls] TLS message length differs

kristian.martens at freenet.de kristian.martens at freenet.de
Tue Feb 19 15:37:42 CET 2008

Hello,

When monitoring the TLS handshake I observed that in the second TLS handshake message coming from a client the TLS message length always differs even though the same session parameters are used (each time a new session is started and completed).
Does anyone have a good explanation for this? I am using X.509 certificates for authentication (on client and server side) and the certificates do not change.

The message content should be as follows: certificate,client_key_exchange,certificate_verfy, change_cipher_spec,finished

Everything works fine but I am just wondering why this happens.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kris