[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Segfaults when connecting via HTTP3 (#1198)

Read-only notification of GnuTLS library development activities gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Mar 26 16:33:31 CET 2021

David Hu created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1198

## Description of problem:
I compiled GnuTLS from source with nghttp3 and ngtcp2, but when I try connecting to a domain with HTTP3 specified, GnuTLS exited with `Segmentation fault core dumped`

## Version of gnutls used:
Commit `38b25e19`

## Distributor of gnutls (e.g., Ubuntu, Fedora, RHEL)

N/A, straight from GitHub

## How reproducible:

Steps to Reproduce:

 * Git clone `GnuTLS` from here, nghttp3, ngtcp2 and curl from GitHub
 * Compile GnuTLS (with docs disabled)
 * Compile `nghttp3` with libs only
 * Compile `ngtcp2` with nghttp3 and GnuTLS
 * Compile `curl` with the option of choosing GnuTLS and nghttp3 and no OpenSSL

## Actual results:
Tried to connect to `https://cloudflare.com` but the connection failed very fast
Last few lines of error output:
```
* connect to 104.16.132.229 port 443 failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
*   Trying 104.16.133.229:443...
* Connect socket 7 over QUIC to 104.16.133.229:443
gnutls[5]: REC[0x1b035d0]: Allocating epoch #0
gnutls[2]: added 1 protocols, 4 ciphersuites, 16 sig algos and 4 groups into priority list
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
```
While my network is completely normal without UDP port 443 filtered.
## Expected results:
Connect to the domain with HTTP3 (QUIC) support successfully without errors