[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Support ciphersuites with matching mac/cipher(/KX) (#924)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Jan 31 16:27:46 CET 2020

Dmitry Baryshkov created an issue: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/issues/924

GOST TLS 1.3 will have two pairs of ciphersuites, each pair using the same cipher and MAC (differing only in external re-keying settings). GnuTLS can not handle this at this moment when generating priority lists.

Another use case is supporting ciphersuites during standardisation phase, when one would be using both assigned and private ids.

For my tests I have been extending `set_cipher_list()` with `if ce->id == ID1 then also add ciphersuite ID2`, but this does not look like a production code.