[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | GnuTLS asm accelerated crypto for PowerPC (ppc64le) (#820)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Sun Sep 1 14:19:41 CEST 2019

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos commented:

Because nettle was slow in adopting accelerated versions of various ciphers, and in some cases they were slower than the cryptogams versions, we introduced the acceleration layer in gnutls adding several of the cryptogams ciphers for popular platforms, and platforms we could test in the CI. While it may not be hard to add these implementations to gnutls via cryptogams, it will be quite hard to test it in the CI. I wouldn't object to a patch set that includes the new CPUs and a test suite. Ideally though all optimized implementations should move to nettle.