[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | multiple issues in handling KeyUpdate messages (#699)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri May 17 18:21:53 CEST 2019

OK, I think I figured out the causes of 1 and 2:
1. we need to check `session->internals.handshake_header_recv_buffer.length` as well as `session->internals.handshake_recv_buffer_size` in `record_add_to_buffers`. should be a one-line fix.
2. The test expects that the reply comes before it sends the next ApplicationData, while GnuTLS defers the reply until it sends the next ApplicationData. As I mentioned in [another tlsfuzzer issue](https://github.com/tomato42/tlsfuzzer/issues/547#issuecomment-487591261), this is not technically wrong.

@tomato42 what do you think?